River Rendezvous: Details & Schedule
A contra dance weekend and summer gathering of dance gypsies from July 14–16 at the Coshocton Lake Park in Coshocton, Ohio
Planning for the weekend
- FRIDAY, JULY 14
- Check-in begins at 4pm. A finger food & dessert potluck will be available from 6pm on. The evening contra dance begins at 8pm!
- SATURDAY, JULY 15
- We will have the ever-popular canal boat ride, along with dancing, yoga, an history talk, and workshops early in the day. The evening contra dance again starts at 8 pm.
- SUNDAY, JULY 16
- We will have morning singing and dance activities. Brunch starts at 8:30am with lunch items added later. Contra dancing will go until 3pm!
- RIVER RENDEZVOUS SITE
- River Rendezvous is held at the Coshocton Lake Park in Coshocton, Ohio. Coshocton is in east Central Ohio near the heart of Amish country. It is a 2 hour drive from Cleveland, 90 minutes from Columbus, and 2-1/2 hours from Pittsburgh.
- An ample continental breakfast and lunch buffet is provided on Saturday and Sunday. There are numerous restaurants in the area. Park picnic shelters have grills, and the electric campsites have fire pits.
- The weekend costs $105 (or $80 for people under age 25, with age verification at check-in) and includes beverages, ample snacks, and the breakfast and lunch buffet on both Saturday and Sunday. The Saturday evening onsite catered meal is available for $15. You need to make your own sleeping arrangements.
- EARLY REGISTRATION IS ADVISED!!!
- Registration submissions are processed on a first come/first served basis. (Note that we are no longer gender balancing this year.) Please submit full payment with your registration. Cancellations are granted until July 7st, minus a $15 fee. After July 1st there are NO REFUNDS. Please provide us with a legible and working email address; we will email you a prompt confirmation and additional detailed information with directions. To receive your confirmation, additional information, and directions via postal mail, please enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
- REGARDING CHILDREN
- The weekend is planned for adults. There is NO special children's program. Adults are responsible for children with them.